CMO at Arcelik
Startupbootcamp Istanbul Mentor
Tülin Karabük is currently working as the Chief Marketing Officer at Arçelik A.S.
Before working in the consumer durables industry, she was involved with the mobile phone industry since its commercial beginnings in Turkey. She has 15 years of experience in the telecommunications industry, where she held several senior positions in different functional areas.
Karabük started her business career at Ekom Eczacibasi Dis Ticaret A.S. in 1987. Later, she held management positions at 3M, KVK and Turkcell Group. She joined Turkcell Group as HazirKart/Pre-Paid Business Unit Director in 1998, when prepaid services were introduced for the first time in Turkey. Then she has been appointed as Chief Sales and Marketing Officer and held this position till 2005.
She became Chief Investments Officer in 2005 and held several related strategic positions until 2007;
Chairwoman of Inteltek, the sportsbetting operator (Iddaa),
Chairwoman of Bilyoner, virtual games of luck company,
Chairwoman of Tellcom, challenger fixed-line telecom operator
Boardmember of A-tel, service provider and distributor
Board Member of Life/ Astelit, Ukraine, telecom operator.
Her final position in the Turkcell Group was as General Manager of Tellcom Iletisim A.S. (now Superonline) in 2007.
She received several business-related and personal awards, including;
– Hazirkart, Creating a brand, Grand Award by Reklamcilar Dernegi June, 2002
– “Voyage with Customer Programme” Grand Award by Customer Relationship Management Institute, October 2003.
– One of the Best 25 Marketing People in Turkey by Capital Magazine, 2003
– Most successful businesswoman in Telecommunications Industry by Dünya Newspaper,2005.
– One of the most powerful 30 businesswomen in Turkey by Capital Magazine, 2007.
A Graduate of Bosphorus University Business Management, she holds a post graduate degree in Business Administration from University of Wales. She is married and has a son. She is 49 years old and enjoys trekking, yoga, sailing and snowboarding.