Head of EAD, Consumer Finance & Divestments and Development, Head of Programme of Delivery for Divestments at Lloyds Banking Group
Startupbootcamp FinTech London Mentor
• Karim has worked in financial services for over 20 years and specialises in leading development of strategy, architecture and implementation of global programmes across dispersed teams in multiple time zones.
• Held senior positions at Lloyds Banking Group, Fidelity International, UBS, Barclays and NatWest in a variety of senior architecture and programme management roles.
• Successfully implemented global change programmes with the introduction of governance and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Extensive experience across the financial services industry including investment management, investment banking, wealth management and retail sectors with comprehensive exposure to front, middle and back office functions.
• Unique blend of skills that stretches across Business (Retail, Wealth, Investment Management, Investment Banking), Commercial and Technology
• Key experience of managing due diligence process for acquisition and merger activity coupled with defining integration approach and strategy.
Sample of programmes delivered:
• Creation of the architecture and delivery strategy across multiple business areas for a major global retail banking organisation.
• Led the implementation of living wills for a major global bank and strategy to address key regulatory demands to ring fence the retail operation from other parts of the business
• Led the due diligence process for acquisition of a major retail platform business in Germany for an international investment management company and divestment of businesses within major retail bank
• Wholesale reengineering of architecture to support a global asset management business to enable introduction of open architecture platform.
• Global implementation of replacement systems for the front, middle and back offices for a Private Clients business.
• Design and implementation of new operating model for a heritage private bank in the UK
• Numerous projects for a large range of clients changing business processes and technology platforms in many functional areas including online channel delivery, trading, client reporting, performance measurement, fund accounting, regulatory reporting and financial accounting.