Tea with a VC – Seraphim Capital
What would you say if you had the chance to meet with a leading VC over a nice cup of tea? Well, check out this month’s VC! January’s Tea with a VC welcomes Seraphim Capital, the first venture fund dedicated to financing the growth of companies operating in the Space ecosystem. They invest in companies that are transforming global industries through the generation, enhancement and application of satellite and drone enabled data.
Why should you apply?
- Instant feedback on your startup
- Advice on pitching skills
- Gaining great connections for possible future investments
What previous attendees have said:
“Tea With A VC is great initiative that puts startups on the radar.”
Taymour Sabry, Botler
This month, 10 selected entrepreneurs will get the opportunity to have a 20 minute 1:1 meeting with Daniel Carew from Seraphim Capital.
Who Is The VC?
Daniel Carew is an Investment Analyst at Seraphim Capital focused on investments for the new Space fund. He has previous experience at a UK-based venture fund making investments in materials and deep technology in industrial supply chains. Prior to that he was a portfolio manager at a major UK retail bank delivering IT change in their web division as part of a KPMG team. Daniel has a PhD in Chemistry from the University of Bristol, specialising in Nanomaterials, and a Bachelor of Applied Science and Engineering from the University of Toronto. Daniel is an aspiring aviator and has flown a number of flight simulators over the years.
Who Is It For?
- Looking for investments at Series A, investing between £1m and £3m, potentially as part of a larger syndicate. However, will also look at opportunities at seed stage and through to Series B.
- All geographies, with an emphasis on Europe
- Downstream (software), and upstream (hardware) ‘New Space’ opportunities, along with technologies which rely on satellite data such as drones and the Internet of Things, or which have potential space applications such as artificial intelligence, robotics and nanomaterials.
How To Apply?
The competition is fierce! Click register and fill out the short form.
When Is The Deadline?
January 19, 2018
*Meetings can be either in person or via Skype*
Date: 30 January 2018
Time: 9.00 -13.00
Location: London (address sent with confirmation email)
If you have any further questions feel free to contact Amalee@startupbootcamp.org