Tea With a VC: Octopus Ventures
What would you say if you had the chance to meet with a leading VC over a nice cup of tea? Well, check out this month’s VC! December’s Tea with a VC welcomes Octopus Ventures – a Pan-European venture capital firm with more than £500 million under management, and a portfolio that includes Secret Escapes, Zoopla, and Swift Key.
Why should you apply?
- Meet with one of Europe’s largest VC firms
- Instant feedback on your startup
- Advice on pitching skills
- Gaining great connections and possible future investments
What previous attendees have said:
“Tea With A VC is great initiative that puts startups on the radar.”
Taymour Sabry, Botler
This month, 10 selected entrepreneurs will get the opportunity to have a 20 minute 1:1 meeting with Simon King from Octopus Ventures .
Who Is The VC?
Simon King, who is an Investment Manager, joined Octopus Ventures in 2012 where he focuses on early stage deal flow, screening investment opportunities and doing preliminary due diligence. In the portfolio Simon works with; UltraSoC Technologies, Surrey NanoSystems, Media and IOVOX
Who Is It For?
- Industry agnostic – current Octopus Ventures portfolio sectors include Fintech, SaaS, Hardware & Infrastructure, Marketplaces, Ecommerce
- Not suitable for pharma and games (entertainment) startups
- B2B & B2C
- Seed & Series A
- Looking to raise £1- 5 million
How To Apply?
Places are limited and the competition is fierce! Click HERE and fill out the short form.
When Is The Deadline?
25th November 2016
Meetings can be either in person or via Skype.
Date: 6th December 2016
Time: 9.00 -13.00
Location: London (address sent with confirmation email)
If you have any further questions feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org