Building your investor network for quality deal flow and getting started as an early stage tech startup investor.
What is AngelsBootcamp?
An exclusive two-day master class bringing together potential and experienced angels with tons of hands-on, real-life content ranging from top startups, creating term sheets to managing syndications.
In this years’ AngelsBootcamp we zoom in on SEED-level Digital Health Startups and seek to invite people that are genuinely interested to invest with the characteristics to be an accredited investor.
The master class is organized by Startupbootcamp Digital Health Berlin. The accelerator supports innovative startups that combine medical knowledge with smart technologies, with special focus on behavior change, diagnostics and genomics, big data and analytics. We provide mentorship, funding, logistic support and access to our huge network of industry specific mentors, corporate partners, angels and VC’s to up to 10 high potential Digital Health startups from around the world.
Who should participate?
The Ideal Participant has an interest to get started with- or expand early tech startup investments. He/she is interested to have a deeper understanding of:
1. Determining personal investment strategy
2. Building personal dealflow
3. Rating and valuating early-stage startups
4. Basic product- & legal Due Diligence
5. Meeting peers and creating syndicates
6. Negotiating the deal
7. Executing the investment.
The Ideal Participant wishes to go beyond theory and to participate in the last VOLUNTEER part, where one of the experienced participants will take LEAD on an actual investment and seek to close a real-time deal during this masterclass.
Day 1 – Friday – 10th November 2017
- Meet & Greet
- Getting started / Bernhard Schmidt, Tobias Wittich, Klaus Stöckemann, Lutz Haase
- Digital Health Investment Theses / Ralph Arnold
- Sourcing Deals
- An Investable Startup – Path to profitability / Lars Buch
- Sanity Check: Due Diligence / Mike Doherty
- Legal Basics: Convertibles vs Equity – Investment Vehicles – Tax /Dentons
- Term sheet basics /Dentons
- EVENT: Term Sheet Battle – live negotiation between a startup and an investor in presence of a lawyer
Day 2 – Saturday – 11th November 2017
- Startups Pitching (10-12 cases): 7min pitch + 5min Q&A (SBC Digital Health 2017)
- Roundtable rating
Voluntary Session (SYNDICATING ANGELS ONLY):
- LEAD investor negotiating with startups
- Proposal for investment and syndication