Ai360, Apperto, Bederr, Kobra, Koibanx and Siembro are the startups selected to be part of the third batch of the scale-up program Startupbootcamp Scale FinTech. These high-growth FinTech & Insurtech companies were chosen among 127 applicants from more than a dozen countries.
Finnovista announced today the 6 high-growth FinTech and Insurtech startups to be part of the third batch of its scale-up program Startupbootcamp Scale FinTech.
Startupbootcamp Scale FinTech in Latin America is an initiative of Finnovista, and its locally supported by Visa, Scotiabank, HSBC Mexico, Banregio, IGNIA, Latinia, Fiinlab powered by Gentera, EY Mexico and White & Case.
This new cohort is a great snapshot of the stage of the strongest FinTech and Insurtech markets in Latin America, such as Mexico, Peru and Argentina, and emphasizes the attractiveness of Mexico as growth and investment opportunity for these startups.
The selected startups acknowledge that taking part in Startupbootcamp Scale FinTech can help them to tackle the challenges related to scaling up their business. The Startupbootcamp Scale FinTech methodology will help them to expand in Mexico and to cultivate high-performing teams.
The startups are::
- Ai360 (Mexico): Online house appraisal platform reducing friction in the real estate industry.
- Apperto (Argentina): Super app for small and medium-sized Latin American cities.
- Bederr (Peru): Bederr improves customer retention and loyalty by providing a white label solution so that any company can easily set up their own loyalty program.
- Kobra (Mexico): Digital platform helping financial entities attract more customers by giving them access to trusted financial agents for last-mile distribution.
- Koibanx (Argentina): Blockchain payments platform for financial institutions that allows them to create their own payment ecosystems and the opportunity to serve unbanked users.
- Siembro (Argentina): Digital financing platform for the agricultural industry.
“We are committed to helping the best FinTech and Insurtech startups in Latin America, as well as those from abroad who have an interest in the region, to grow and expand their business globally. We have applied our proven methodology successfully in the past two generations of Startupbootcamp Scale FinTech to great results. Our alumni achieved their growth milestones thanks to our support and mentoring from the most relevant players in the industry who are part of the Startupbootcamp and Finnovista network”, says Christine Chang, Managing Director of Startupbootcamp Scale FinTech.
The selection was the result of an exhaustive scouting process throughout the Americas region and Spain, and an evaluation event called Selection Days on November 12th. (Read more about our call for applications for this batch, and our observations on the Latin American innovation ecosystem here).
More than 50 mentors participated in the event, as well as representatives of the corporate partners and the 12 best FinTech and Insurtech growth-stage startups, pre-selected amongst 127 applicants from a dozen countries.
Startupbootcamp Scale FinTech will work side-by-side with these startups for six months through its part-time program starting on December 9th. Teams must travel to Mexico City every 4 weeks for on-site sessions with mentors, corporate partners and the local team
At the end of the program, these scale-ups will showcase their achievements to more than 200 investors and industry experts on Demo Day: an event that will take place on May 7, 2020.