Amsterdam, 15 February 2019 – Yesterday, Startupbootcamp’s FinTech & CyberSecurity – the leading global startup & scale-up accelerator program, celebrated its Demo Day at Rabobank Headquarters in Utrecht. 11 most promising international startups and one corporate venture showcased their innovative solutions in front of its community of influencers, mentors, Startupbootcamp corporates partners and investors. Collaborations were announced with some of the major corporates in the Netherlands.
Running a startup is like entering a jungle – unpredictable and dangerous at times, yet full of opportunities. Only the most resilient survive. This was the theme of the Startupbootcamp FinTech & CyberSecurity Demo Day on the 14th of February, which marked an end of the 3-months of intense startup acceleration process. The journey of the 12 teams started in Amsterdam at the end of September 2018 when they were chosen out of 500+ applicants during a 4-month international scouting period.
New milestones have been reached by the startups, including partnerships with some of our major corporates, such as Rabobank, PGGM, ABN AMRO, Banca Sella, Vivat, Comsec, and Capgemini. Throughout the program, the teams were mentored by a network of top executives, investors and Startupbootcamp partners Rabobank, ING, De Volksbank, Moneyou, ABN AMRO, PGGM, Fabrick, Van Lanschot Bankiers, Achmea, Nationale Nederlanden, PwC, Vivat, Capgemini, Comsec, Hakrinbank, Pensioenfonds Horeca & Catering, Banca Sella, and de Nationale Politie, amongst others.
Michael Dooijes, Managing Director of the FinTech & CyberSecurity program, commented: “We are excited to be able to put the Netherlands at the forefront of the FinTech ecosystem on a global scale. By joining forces with some of the most promising startups and the biggest corporates in the sector, we have created a strong FinTech community across different hubs in various countries, and became one of the best places for FinTech, InsurTech, RegTech, PensionTech and CyberSecurity startups to grow their businesses.”
According to the startups, the Startupbootcamp network gave them a chance to collaborate with some of the leading corporates in their industry and validate their business models:
“The time we spent in the Startupbootcamp FinTech and CyberSecurity program was priceless. The people that run this program are nothing other than amazing. They all worked so tirelessly to help build traction and investment opportunities for our company.” (CyberCentric, USA)
“Startupbootcamp was a game changer for Keep Warranty, as it has given us the opportunity to fast-track our growth with the support and insight of brilliant mentors, partners and fellow startups. Having access to such wealth of information has been invaluable to develop collaborations with major corporates such as PGGM and ABN AMRO.” (KeepWarranty, Portugal/NL)
“The accelerator program made us dig deep and really validate our value proposition which in turn helped us define our revenue model, and when we were ready Startupbootcamp was there to make the introductions we needed to get commercial contracts.” (Bits, USA)
The startups will continue to cross new frontiers in the months ahead, supported by the Startupbootcamp Global Alumni growth program, which connects over 700 startups worldwide.
Meet the teams in the FinTech & CyberSecurity program:
- Cobertoo (Spain) – P2P insurance that covers the item most valuable for the millennial segment: their smartphone. KEY INSIGHT: Named most innovative Spanish InsurTech in 2018. Closed an agreement with Gavin to lead the P2P insurance business model in Spain. https://cobertoo.com/
- Emcee, Bits (USA) – Get bits of stocks when you spend with the brands you love. Bits is a brand loyalty and investing platform creating a new currency for rewards programs. KEY INSIGHT: Working localizing their product for the Dutch market. https://getbits.nl/
- BITA (Germany) – Through state of the art technology, BITA provides enterprise-grade indexes, data and infrastructure to institutions operating in the passive investment space. KEY INSIGHT: Working on pilots in the Dutch market with Achmea and other partners. https://www.bitadata.com/
- FortifyData (USA) – An accurate cyber risk analysis platform for identifying and monitoring business cyber risk exposure. KEY INSIGHT: Signed 2 Reseller partnership agreements with reputable Managed Security Service Providers. Discussing partnerships with Comsec Global and Capgemini. https://www.fortifydata.com/
- KeepWarranty (Netherlands) – A free digital platform that securely saves warranties, enabling its anytime & anywhere activation. KEY INSIGHT: It will soon connect its users to multiple services in a customised way. http://hello.keep-warranty.com/en/
- Lifas (Netherlands) – Corporate startup team from PGGM working on services to connect to the female millennial market segment. http://lifas.info/
- OnionFive, OQUPIE (Korea) – OQUPIE is an online customer support platform where communication between global customers and companies is managed in a single space. KEY INSIGHT: Working on a pilot with financial services and startups in the Netherlands. https://www.oqupie.com/
- RefundMe (Netherlands) – A platform that digitizes the VAT refund process not just for tourists but also retailers, airports, and governments. KEY INSIGHT: Signed agreement with Ace Jewelers (third largest jewellery chain in Amsterdam) for a pilot in the Netherlands, ongoing sprints with Dublin Airports, developed a fully-functional MVP, and launched a crowdfunding campaign. https://www.refundme.co/
- Robolab (United Kingdom) – The app store and SDK for financial robots powered by Artificial Intelligence. https://www.robolab.xyz/
- Soisy (Italy) – Installment payments at point-of-sale (POS), financed via marketplace lending. KEY INSIGHT: Completed a crowdfunding campaign that broke records in Italy, raising € 1,25 mln in just 8 days. https://www.soisy.it/
- Swascan (Italy) – The first Cloud CyberSecurity & GDPR Platform. KEY INSIGHT: Validating solution with Rabobank, PWC and KPN. https://www.swascan.com/
- CyberCentric/ Scaleup-in-residence (USA) – Helping organizations to have a good knowledge of their data using an AI-powered data classification system. http://cybercentric.com/
Notes For Editors
For more information about this press release, contact:
Eva Bandelj email@example.com
Images, Logos, and Dutch & English version of the press release:
About Startupbootcamp FinTech & CyberSecurity
Launched in 2016 in Amsterdam, Startupbootcamp FinTech & CyberSecurity is a leading global startup and scaleup program focused on the innovation in the FinTech and CyberSecurity industry. Supported by a strong network of major banks, leading financial services and insurance partners, as well as an extensive mentor and alumni group from all over the world, Startupbootcamp FinTech & CyberSecurity is a part of the global award-winning Startupbootcamp, a network of industry-focused innovation programs. For more information visit here
Founded in 2010, Startupbootcamp is an award-winning global network of industry-focused acceleration programs. With 20+ programs in Europe, Asia, North & South America, MENA & Africa, the selected startups gain access to the most relevant mentors, partners, and investors in their industry. For more information visit: http://www.startupbootcamp.org