Amsterdam, 19 October 2018 – Startupbootcamp Smart City & IoT, the leading global network of innovation programs accelerating startups and scaleups worldwide, has partnered with EIT Climate-KIC, EIP Smart Cities & Communities (an initiative of the European Commission) and City of Amsterdam to organize a Smart City Experience – an invite-only event to celebrate the latest ecosystem and innovation trends in the smart city industry.
The Smart City Experience, organized at Johan Cruijff ArenA in Amsterdam on 18th of October 2018, was a great and inspiring day where attendees had the unique opportunity to experience the latest, cutting-edge innovations within the Smart City space with a focus on Security, Sustainability and Efficiency.
It also marked the end of Startupbootcamp current accelerator program, where 9 of its startups presented in front of 250+ influencers, mentors, investors, and partners coming from the public and private sector.
These top 9 companies from Startupbootcamp Smart City & IoT program took part in an intense 3-month acceleration track of workshops, mentor sessions, and events, starting off on 2nd of July 2018 and ending with the Smart City Experience showcase.
Supported by the network of corporate partners VodafoneZiggo, PwC, Schiphol, Unica, and Sandd, the startups made impressive progress. They all have working software products and first verbal agreements or even signed contracts with their clients. Also, some startup cross collaboration alliances were sealed during the program since the startups are all working in the same area.
9 Startups from this Startupbootcamp program:
- Tradler (Spain) – Tradler has partnered up with Sandd as its launching customer to set the new standard for employee engagement. They are also in the last stages of negotiation for their public launch in 2019, aiming to pilot with 3 additional enterprises.
- Mela Works (United Kingdom) – During the program, Mela Works refined its value proposition and improved its product based on market feedback. This helped the team build a stronger commercial focus, which resulted in the first paid contracts.
- Hireandbuild (Netherlands) – Hireanbuild came through all the hurdles that appear when companies look for a product market fit, after 3 months in the program they pivoted towards financial risk analytics, which attracts a lot of attention from potential clients in the construction market.
- Bitz (Netherlands) – Bitz was able to pilot the app in two festivals, gain invaluable insights and further develop the app towards its public launch in summer 2019.
- Urbytus (Spain) – Ready for international expansion outside of Spain, particularly with the networks and partnerships built in the Netherlands.
- Safeguard AI (Netherlands) – One of the top Dutch startups to watch, recently mentioned in Sprout and Telegraaf.
- SCYLLA (Germany) – Engaged with international police departments and Ministries of Defence to help them detect violence and security issues.
- TransferHero (Croatia) – Has signed pilot agreements with Schiphol, Zagreb Airport, Split, Dubrovnik and Eindhoven Airports.
- Prognostic (United Kingdom) – Prognostic is launching the AI-driven cloud-based Asset Management platform for Real-Estate Sector in November 2018. The company already has a lot of interest from across Real-Estate portfolio companies, Facility Management, and Building Service providers.
Manuela Krull-Mancinelli, Managing Director of the Startupbootcamp Smart City & IoT program commented: “The challenges caused by the growing amount of people living in cities is something that should concern all of us. It’s not only about the accessibility of the city but also about physical- and cyber security and sustainability. In the Startupbootcamp Smart City & IoT program, we have been looking for the best startups who could contribute to the solutions for these challenges. Since Smart City is a topic of both, the private and the public sector, we were very pleased to have been working during the program with important organizations from both groups.”
After their acceleration in Amsterdam, the startups will join the Startupbootcamp Global Alumni growth program, which connects over 700 startups worldwide.
Notes For Editors
For more information about this press release, contact:
Images, Logos, and Dutch & English version of the press release:
About Startupbootcamp Smart City & IoT
Launched in 2015 in Amsterdam, Startupbootcamp Smart City & IoT is a leading global accelerator focused on the innovation in the Smart City & IoT industry. Supported by a strong network of major corporates, as well as an extensive mentor, investor, and alumni group from all over the world, Startupbootcamp Smart City & IoT is a part of the global award-winning Startupbootcamp, a network of industry-focused startup accelerators. For more information visit here.
Founded in 2010, Startupbootcamp is an award-winning global network of industry-focused accelerator programs. With 20+ programs in Europe, Asia, North & South America, MENA & Africa, selected startups get access to the most relevant mentors, partners, and investors in their industry. For more information visit: http://www.startupbootcamp.org
Check our impact here
Vodafone Group Plc is one of the world’s leading telecommunications groups, with a significant presence in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific through the company’s subsidiary undertakings, joint ventures, associated undertakings, and investments.
Sandd is a Dutch postal company that focuses on the delivery of addressed bulk mail, such as direct mail and subscription magazines. Since the liberalization of the Dutch postal market in 2009 Sandd also focuses on transaction mail such as invoices and policies.
Unica is a Dutch technical services provider that offers sustainable technical solutions to its clients in the field of safety, comfort, and communications as well as energy & sustainability.
PwC’s purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. It is this focus which informs the services we provide and the decisions we make. PwC helps organizations and individuals create the value they’re looking for.
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is the main international airport in the Netherlands. They aim to become the best digital airport in the world.