Dubai, October 25 – Startupbootcamp Smart City Dubai, the first Smart City accelerator in the MENA region, announces the selection of 9 startups for their first cohort.
The top 21 Smart City startups hailing from 13 countries were chosen from 1000+ applications. They competed for a chance to secure a spot in the first cycle. The cohort was selected after an intensive two-day evaluation and selection process. During the two days, each team participated in mentorship sessions where they exchanged knowledge, and discussed business opportunities.
Teams pitched their ideas in front of a panel of industry experts including representatives from Startupbootcamp Dubai partners; du, Smart Dubai, Dubai Chamber, Visa, Orange Business Services, RIT Dubai & Dubai Silicon Oasis
Winners will now go through a 3-months acceleration program which will kick off on November 26th.
Here are the top 9 Startups:
- Astron (UAE): Aiveny is an open-end systems integrator that monitors and manages all available types of assets, regardless of size (property size), origin (hardware or protocol supplier) or functionality (household, commercial, industrial)
- Buseet (Egypt): BUSEET is premium bus seat booking platform in Cairo that offers modern rented buses for commuters that can transform their daily commute into a peaceful and delightful experience.
- Docswallet (India): Docswallet is a digital repository for official documents operations in partnership with governments, universities, and banks.
- Friendycar (UAE): FriendyCar is the first P2P car rental marketplace in MENA.
- Grid Supply Chain (Egypt): Grid is the Expedia of freight & logistics services & Uber of logistics assets utilization. Grid Technology empowers the supply chain ecosystem with visibility, efficiency & reliability.
- InteliTaap (India): InteliTaap is an indoor analytics platform for retailers to optimise in-store experience
- Responscity (India): Responscity creates Digital House ID’s which is logical, shareable & verifiable.
- Smart Sensor Devices (Sweden): Develop and manufacture advance hardware and software platforms for state of the art Internet of Things systems, including wireless Smart sensors and gateways
- Verismart (India): VeriSmart is a digital ID Network using Blockchain, AI and Cognitive Computing.
Todd OBrien, Managing Director at Startupbootcamp MENA, commented on the impact of selection days. “These two days were an insightful experience for all the startups. After going through valuable mentoring sessions, they now have a different perspective about their markets, customers and collaborations with the corporate world.”
Together with their partners, Startupbootcamp Smart City Dubai will work for the next 3 months to help the selected startups scale their businesses, and contribute to Dubai’s 2021 strategy of becoming the smartest city in the world.
The accelerator will provide teams with €15,000 in funding, an official entity in DSOA, access to exclusive startup services, 6 months of office space at Dtec, and access to Startupbootcamp’s global network of highly-qualified mentors, angels and VCs.
Notes For Editors
For more information about this press release, contact:
Follow us on twitter: @sbcSmartCityDXB
About Startupbootcamp Smart City Dubai
Launched in 2017, Startupbootcamp Smart City Dubai is the first Smart City accelerator program in the MENA region. Its partners include Smart Dubai, du, Dubai Chamber, Orange Business Services, Visa, & RIT Dubai.