Here at Startupbootcamp Berlin, we know what it means to be busy. Between daily mentor meetings, lean workshops, and deep dive sessions, it’s easy to stay buried deep in work. But it’s also important to pop your heads out every once in a while, so we’ve curated some links for your quick fix of reality. Take a few minutes to brush up on some relevant news and inspiration.
- Why Bran Ferren’s TED Talk Is Required Viewing for All Techies
“I predict that autonomous vehicles will permanently change our world over the next several decades,” said Ferren. “The beginning is only a few years away.”
- The Feds Want Cars to Chat Instead of Just Watching Each Other
A new report shows they would like to see the automakers go further, by allowing cars not just to detect one another, but to communicate.
Taxi drivers are using apps to disrupt the disruptors
Taxis in San Francisco are fighting back through apps, with the city’s blessing.
- We could have electric buses that recharge in 15 seconds
Switzerland is home to a system that will allow battery-electric buses to get their juice in 15-second increments at bus-stop-mounted electric chargers
- Infograph: How can you bring Vision Zero to life?
With the growing population of humans and vehicles globally, the safety of road users is becoming more and more important.
- Top 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Wind Power
“Wind turbines are big. A wind turbine blade can be up to 260 feet long, and a turbine tower can be over 328 feet tall — taller than the Statue of Liberty.”
- New Energy Projects Boost the Use of Undersea Power Cables
Offshore wind energy and transnational grids bring power lines below the waves.
- Global Renewable Energy Project Reaches Milestone
Power Clouds allows anyone, anywhere in the world who owns a solar panel to lease the panel to them. Power Clouds then pays the solar panel owner a monthly fee for 20 years.
- 10 ways to renovate sustainably
From sun tunnels to wood burners, here are a some small-scale, energy saving ideas for sustainable renovation, inspired by some of Britain’s superhomes
- Lessons In Entrepreneurship: Think Globally, Use Your Own Cash, And Learn By Doing
Entrepreneurs have got it wrong about education. The future lies in experiential learning by doing.
- 3 Lessons Learned in Creating Gender-Balanced Entrepreneurship
We’re right to be alarmed by the stunning amount of fem-fueled entrepreneurial potential being left on the table.
- Ditch the Start-Up Pitch
Pitching ideas for startups as a way to test for which entrepreneurs are most likely to succeed is a waste of time.