Startups are always on the hunt for the best sources, so we decided to brainstorm together with the teams in Startupbootcamp NFC & Contactless to compile the most awesome list of books, reports, blogs, archives, you name it, when it comes to learning more about this field. Did we miss out on an amazing source? Then please get in touch with us so we can include it and constantly update this list.
- Near Field Communication – From Theory to Practice by Ok , Coskun and Ozdenizci – This is a comprehensive contemporary research on all aspects of NFC, addressing related security aspects as well as information on various business models.
- RFID Handbook: Fundamentals and Applications in Contactless Smart Cards, Radio Frequency Identification and Near-Field Communication by Finkenzeller – This is the most comprehensive introduction to radio frequency identification (RFID) available.
- Near Field Communications Handbook by Ahson and Ilyas – Containing cutting-edge contributions from 50 experts from around the world, the book covers the range of topics related to NFC. It begins with an overview of the basics in digital, biometric, and mobile identity and security. Next, it reviews NFC applications with an all-in-one device and provides detailed guidelines for designing NFC applications with high levels of acceptance in consumer markets.
- NFC: A beginners Guide to Near Field Communication by Branden – Following on from his successful book on QR Codes, Branden walks us through another mobile phenomenon – Near Field Communication.
- Beginning NFC: Near-Field Communication with Arduino, Android, and PhoneGap by Igoe, Coleman and Jepson – This book shows how you can exchange data between Android, Arduino, and Processing using NFC and RFID.
- NFC TAGS: A practical guide to getting started with your NFC tags by Petersen – This book covers everything from what NFC (Near Field Communication) is, to unique ideas and strategies on how take advantage of the technology.
- Professional NFC Application Development for Android by Coskun, Ok and Ozdenizci – The book starts with the basics of NFC technology, an overview of the Android OS, and what you need to know about the SDK tools. It then walks you through all aspects of NFC app development, including SE programming. You’ll find all you need to create an app, including functioning, downloadable code and a companion website with additional content. Valuable case studies help you understand each operating mode in clear, practical detail.
- The Complete Guide to QR Codes by Boyles – The complete guide to QR Codes including chapters on QR Codes and advertising, incorporating QR Codes into your brand, interacting with customers through QR Codes.
- Security and Privacy Issues in Near Field Communication (NFC) Systems: Contactless Communication in Digital World by Kazmi – A comprehensive study of NFC technology and its implementation.
- NFC Magazine – NFC Magazine will feature articles from industry experts of Near Field Communications / NFC Technology and will offer an in-depth, comprehensive directory of devices, products, manufacturers and suppliers.
- NFC Forum – The Near Field Communication Forum was formed to advance the use of Near Field Communication technology by developing specifications, ensuring interoperability among devices and services, and educating the market about NFC technology.
- NFC World – NFC World is the leading business news source for the international near field communication industry.
- NearFieldCommunication – NearFieldCommunication.org is devoted to educating individuals, small businesses, and large companies alike on the merits of near field communication and how it can work for them.
- Contactless Intelligence – Contactless Intelligence (CI) concentrates on business-to-business within the contactless industry.
- Nearfieldcommunication NFC – A site devoted to showing you what near field communication (NFC) is and how it can help you whether you’re shopping at the supermarket, taking the bus to work, or swapping contact information with a new friend.
- NFC Times – This is the premier source of news, analysis and commentary on Near Field Communication, contactless cards and other media, produced by real journalists.
- Nearfieldcommunication.com – Whether you are a developer looking for code examples, a consumer looking for information on NFC, or a business looking to use NFC, there is something for you here!
- Mobile Commerce News – A highlight of the latest in the world of Mobile Commerce news.
- 2d-Code – News, views and analysis on interactive marketing technology with QR Codes, Augmented Reality (AR) and Near Field Communication (NFC).
- NFC rumors – Website dedicated to bringing the latest and breaking NFC news & NFC reviews.
- Touch – This is a research project that investigates Near Field Communication (NFC), a technology that enables connections between mobile phones and physical things.
- NFC Expert – The purpose of this project is to inform the wide audience about latest tendencies in technology of radio-frequency identification which actively develops and takes root today in set of various directions. Also available in Russian.
- mHIMSS – HIMSS is a global, cause-based, not-for-profit organization focused on better health through information technology (IT). HIMSS leads efforts to optimize health engagements and care outcomes using information technology.
- RFID World Canada – The first Canadian web site to offer news and views complemented by comprehensive and current RFID news relevant to Canadians, detailed information about Canadian vendors, the latest Canadian events and local RFID meetings.
- Postscapes – Tracking the Internet of Things – Postscapes publishes a catalog of projects, events, interviews and company/job listings within the industry.
- GigaOM – Since 2006, GigaOM has brought traditional journalistic and research values to the new medium of the web.
- PaymentEye – A global news intelligence and analysis tool for a network of professionals involved in the payments sector worldwide, from innovative start-ups and clearing banks to merchant PoS innovators and mobile solutions companies.
- Mobile Payments Today– This is an information resource focusing on mobile payments projects and technology, covering topics like banking, retail, restaurants, remittance, apps, online gaming and mobile POS.
- RFID Journal – The world’s first independent media company, devoted solely to radio frequency identification and its many business applications.
- NFC Data
- SecureID News
- Near Field Communications LinkedIn – NFC and its many capabilities, services, applications, and more are discussed here between experts and those who want to learn and get involved in the NFC Ecosystem. Group members get access to special discounts, early information access to NFC, and unique insight from the top players in NFC.
- NFC Mobile Payments and commerce professionals LinkedIn – In this group all technical as well as business professionals join together to share information and networks in order to accelerate NFC Mobile payment/commerce functionality around the world.
- Near Field Communication Facebook page – Formed in 2004, the Near Field Communication Forum (NFC Forum) promotes sharing, pairing, and transactions between NFC devices and develops and certifies device compliance with NFC standards.
- Hackers & Founders Amsterdam – local meetup – Formed by fans of Hacker News, the original Hackers and Founders started in Silicon Valley almost 3 years ago. Hackers and Founders meetups have since been meeting in New York, Indianapolis, Wellington, New Zealand, Boston and Mumbai.
- RFID Tribe – A global organization with local chapters and a collaboration forum on Yahoo! for radio frequency identification.
- Contactless House – Good place to develop your contactless business. You can meet the people who could be your future partners or customers, just by registering and sharing you details, in order to be visible by everyone.
- Contactless Payments LinkedIn
- NFC World LinkedIn
- NFC Youtube channel
- NFC research center – The NFC Research Lab in Hagenberg is part of the Research Center Hagenberg at the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria. It was founded in 2005 focusing on new NFC use cases, hardware implementations and security aspects.
- ABIResearch NFC – ABI Research’s NFC Market Data provides a comprehensive overlook of NFC enablement into mobile handsets and CE devices with additional coverage of both CE device and tag solutions. All data points are included for all the major regions as well as a select number of countries which comprise of China, India, Japan, South Korea, France, Germany, Spain, UK, Poland, Russia, Canada, and the US.
- SJB research – The NFC report – The complete A-Z of NFC: How the technology works, the business models that are likely to succeed plus the current status and future trends in the international NFC market.
- Scholar Near Field Communication
- Blog NFC – AIRTAG was launched in 2006 by a dynamic team of experts in the retail sector, emerging payment technologies, mobile payments and NFC solutions. They consider themselves a leader in innovation, as they currently hold 3 patents for technological solutions but their company vision is to continually work on new ideas and solutions that make people want to go shopping and advance the availability of NFC technology.
- Rapid NFC blog – RapidNFC was launched in 2011 by a small group of internet/tech type people to provide high quality NFC tags, NFC products and good sound advice on all things NFC.
- Gemalto – This blog belongs to Gemalto, an international digital security company providing software applications, secure personal devices such as smart cards and tokens in addition to managed services.
- Proxama – Proxama is a next generation mobile commerce company that specialises in NFC mobile contactless payments and NFC marketing. Proxama’s NFC platform, which supports all NFC handsets and mobile OSs, connects the physical and digital worlds, allowing individuals to receive offers, connect with brands and make payments through their NFC phone.
- RFID Nieuws (in Dutch) – Collected news about RFID, NFC, QR, bar codes and smart cards
- Developing NFC
- Contactless world
- NFC articles on Engadget – Engadget is a news, reviews and opinion outlet with obsessive coverage of cutting edge gadgets, consumer electronics and the science and technology they’re built upon.
- NFC articles on How stuff works – From car engines to search engines, from cell phones to stem cells, and thousands of subjects in between, HowStuffWorks has it covered.
- NFC Articles on ITP – ITP.net is the Gulf’s longest-running technology news site, touching on national, regional and global events relevant to CIOs and tech-savvy consumers.
- NFC Articles on Mashable – Mashable reports on the importance of digital innovation and how it empowers and inspires people around the world.
- NFC World congress – NFC World Congress gathers the full value chain of NFC services, from start-ups to leading players, along with verticals and, beyond, the whole “mobile proximity services” community. This all-in-one event combines high level conference, large exhibition and multiple “live experiences” to learn, meet, experience and network on a single platform.
- Digital mobile and wallet summit – DMW Summit is produced by Kinfos Events Ltd. Kinfos is a UK based B2B event organizing company which specializes in organizing events in various sectors including in the Banking, Telecom, Energy and Pharmaceutical.