We’re looking for an Operations Manager for the new Startupbootcamp NFC & Contactless Interactions Accelerator program in Amsterdam.
This is a full-time position starting on the 1st of July or the 1st of August (after consultation), and ending on the 1st of March 2014. The job is based in Central Amsterdam.
You are responsible for:
- Organizing all events connected with the program: Pitch Days, Selection Days, Sneak Previews, Mentor Master Classes, and Demo Day (see startupbootcamp.org)
- Daily support of Startupbootcamp founders Patrick de Zeeuw and Ruud Hendriks
- You are the first point of contact for all startups, mentors, sponsors and partners before and during the accelerator program
- Compiling newsletters/updates for shareholders
- Support defining (new) strategy and coming up with improvements for the Startupbootcamp Amsterdam program.
- Performing administrative work
- Responsible for organizing the Startupbootcamp program activities and its various elements:
- Application period: leading online PR and marketing activities
- Selection period: organizing and facilitating selection days, organizing events, processing the applicants in the online rating system.
- The program: designing and planning all aspects of the three month accelerator program, coordinating appointments with mentors and other parties involved, contacting sponsors and investors, coordinating the events.
- Managing a small team of interns (on social media, marketing and design) and cooperation with the facilities manager.
- Giving external presentations about SBC as required , representing the founders, coordinating interviews with the press.
Experience and knowledge you will gain:
- Collaboration with inspiring entrepreneurs (founders of Startupbootcamp and the 10 participating local and international startups)
- You learn to handle high degree of responsibility; you run the program together with the founders of the program
- Close collaboration with 150+ mentors, sponsors, a large number of investors and the shareholders of Startupbootcamp.
- Ability to build a large and useful international network.
- Organizing large events (400+ visitors)
- Knowledge on startup programs such as startup weekend, startup accelerators and startup ecosystems.
- Knowledge on setting up a small enterprise, the Lean Startup Methodology and the Business Model Canvas.
You are a hands-on, results driven person. You can cope with stress – with 10 teams in the building, things move fast, often in unpredictable ways. You are very well organized. You enjoy keeping our company humming.
Work experience in international environment is an advantage. We’re looking for someone with excellent communications skills. You’re fluent (written and spoken) in both Dutch and English.
You anticipate what could happen next, coming up with practical solutions to meet challenges. You’re always ready for “Plan B”. You’re not a clock-watcher – there are times during the program when events go into the evening or the weekends. You’re reachable on-line and react when needed. You have a HBO or WO (college or University) diploma, preferably in a business faculty. Knowledge of financial and Dutch legal matters would be an advantage.
Startupbootcamp Amsterdam, part of the European accelerator program, is starting a specialized Near Field Communication (NFC) & Contactless Interactions accelerator program. With sales of 350+ million NFC capable devices, Contactless Interactions technology is expected to be the next big thing in mobile industry. NFC devices can for example be used in retail, marketing, health industry, social networking and for identity and access management.
The program will kick off on October 14th 2013. Similar to the original Startupbootcamp Amsterdam program, the NFC program will give ten startups the chance to accelerate their business. The startups will get the opportunity to boost their fledgling businesses over the course of three months and will be introduced to the widespread network of investors that Startupbootcamp has built up over the years. The grand finale will be Investor Demo Day on January 17th 2014, where the startups will present their products and ideas to an audience of potential investors.