We Help Turn Your New Venture into a High-Growth Business
Are you a high potential and driven early stage start-up? Do you know how best to leverage the most relevant innovative technology advancements of today to drive value creation? Are you interested by property, vehicle, travel, health, life and pension as well as new or more complex forms of insurance?
Today, the insurance market is going through a massive transformation triggered by new customer demands and expectations, the ubiquity of digital technologies, permanent social engagements, and the need to innovate. It is easier and cheaper today to set up a lean business. And with current legacy constraints, no insurer can afford to ignore current market dynamics.
Startupbootcamp InsurTech is the first truly global insurance accelerator working alongside a large portfolio of leading insurance players to foster disruptive and collaborative insurance innovation from early stage start-ups. Each year, we select the 10 most promising insurance technology start-ups from around the world and help them grow.
Subscribe to our newsletter
As a start-up, you get:
• Direct access to a number of program partners that are committed to help your business succeed
• Extensive support and advice from 100s of entrepreneurs, program alumni, and hand-picked mentors
• Exposure to over 200 angel investors and venture capital firms that are part of the Startupbootcamp investor network as you enter the program
• The ability to test and refine your proposition in a safe environment and employ the cutting-edge growth techniques used by the most successful start-ups in the world
• Plus much more, including free office space in the heart of the City of London–walking distance from a large pool of renowned insurers–for 3 months and an additional month to help finalize things.
Startupbootcamp InsurTech’s three-month accelerator program harnesses years of cumulative experience to guide your company’s development through hands-on sessions, workshops, and masterclasses with some of the brightest business and expert minds within the digital economy. One of the core values we bring to you is our relationships with a network of 100s of practitioners located all around the world and supporting other programs within our portfolio.
Our partners include 21 major insurance brands, such as Admiral, Allianz, ERGO, Exponential Ventures, HDI, Intesa Sanpaolo, Lloyds Banking Group, LV=, Metropolitan, MJ Hudson, MMI Holdings, Momentum, Munich Re, PwC, Route66 Ventures, Scottish Widows, Swiss Re, Talanx, Tryg, The Innovation Group, and UnipolSai.
All are available during the program, on the phone, or onsite to help you profit by building unique propositions the insurance industry is crying out for.
Why We Exist
InsurTech is the most dynamic part of the FinTech industry. The global insurance market is going through unprecedented change. Constrained by their siloed cultures, major insurance corporations are looking to better connect with customers and explore the transformative potential of the latest technology trends. They can’t do it alone — they need your help.
From blockchain to drones, data analysis to crowdfunded insurance, Internet of Things to genome technology to wearables…where there’s an exciting new technology, there’s a way it can revolutionize insurance — with huge potential benefits for the industry, start-ups, and society.
Do You Specialize In…
Perfect Your Pitch & Get Traction
After three months of acceleration, you’ll present to 500+ investors, mentors, partners, and media during Demo Day. You get invaluable pitch training and support from the best in the industry so you can present with confidence, and this starts on Selection Days.
Post acceleration, the support doesn’t end. We continue to create opportunities for you to speak at insurance-related events and connect you to a growing network of industry experts, mentors, investors, and other start-ups even after you are done.
Find out more about two of our alumni here:
Insly – Raised €1 Million
Buzzmove – Raised £6 Million
Get in Touch
If you’d like to meet us in person, please take note of our 2016 FastTrack dates and apply. If we’re not coming to a city near you, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @sbcInsurTech.
|21||July||New York City||SBC FinTech NY||Closed|
|16||August||London||Rainmaking Loft London||Closed|
|11||October||Cape Town||Workshop 17||Closed|
|20||October||London||Rainmaking Loft London||Closed|
Nov 28 - 30
What's the Deal?
- Hands-on mentorship from 100s of entrepreneurs working with you from our premises
- Engagement with our InsurTech partners and insurers interested to pilot your venture
- Exposure to 200+ angel investors, seed investors, and VCs
- 4 months' free office space within walking distance of the City of London
- Access to top markets in Europe, US, and Asia
- The ability to test and refine propositions in a safe, sandbox environment
- Deep insight into the techniques used by the most successful start-ups in the world
- Exposure to the insurance market through bespoke events organized for you
- Team of experts in residence working directly with you to accelerate your business
- €400k+ in partner services
- €15k in cash per team
- Invitation to the SBC global alumni network and growth program, which provides you access to 1,000+ mentors, 2,000+ investors, 400+ start-ups, as well as our FinTech / InsurTech hubs in New York, Mumbai, and Singapore